So here’s my confession as a shopaholic who try to write a blog:
1. blogging about my shopaholic activity,thought and tips is not as easy as swapping my credit card
Yes, now i give all of my respect to bloggers who consistently write on their blog and come with original idea. seriously, for me, to come up with a fresh idea about something to write is not easy. To review some new stuff is also a hard task for me as my review can be biased with my own personal opinion, not to forget that finding the new stuff itself is a challenge, i relied too much on other blogs. To blog frequently is really really a challenge for me, i don’t know why shopping is easy, but write about shopping is hard lol. and to maintain my blog to attract my niche audiences, i almost fail this one! so please accept my apology if you think i don’t deserve to call myself a shopaholic since my blog is so awful and don’t reflect a true shopaholic.
2. I did more crime than a serial shoplifter!
By this i mean…how many image theft i did before (with help of mr. Google)?how many illegal download i did before (again, mr. Google is my ‘personal buying assistance’ here)? how many intellectual property i stole before? i am definitely worse than a shoplifter!
3. receive a comment about my blog is like receiving a comment of whether a dress is nice on me or not, some people are just lying about it (especially the shop assistant!)
most of my friends will say “it’s good” but i don’t know whether it’s good enough. and probably some other friends prefer to keep silence rather than commenting “it’s a total crap” because they don’t want to hurt my feeling.
4. there are people that should be paid as much as those fashion designers
web designer should! designing a template for a blog is certainly as difficult as designing new fashion outfit. and yet many of them create and share it for free (i don’t know if it’s really free or whether they get some money from somewhere else, but many of those nice templates are available for free, i am amazed). so i give all of my respect to those who are able to design a web, and especially to one whose template i use right now. thank you!
5. I may experience bankruptcy (worse than if you are on credit card debt) because of copyright infringement if i misuse people’s intellectual property.
6. finding shopaholics who want to read my blog is as difficult as trying to sell products to customers
i believe shopaholics are everywhere, but they may just not aware of my blog existence, my blog’s popularity is not that high thay it won’t appear on the first page of google finder when someone type ‘shopaholic blog’. I should keep fighting, in the era of long tail, everything could happen, right? i just need to find the right method to secure a place for my blog in this kind of ‘competition’.
7. I might have fallen in love with this blog and continue writing on it to share my experience with fellow shopaholics out there
so stay tune, i will be back, telling more of my shopaholic experience. Mid year sale is now coming, i’m ready to shop and will be back with lots and lots shopping bags and stories to share😛